Marching Season Uniform Requirements
Students will be responsible for wearing the following at every performance:
- Black socks (provided by student)
- Black Drill Master shoes (ordered for your student at uniform fitting, available for$35 pair)(Shoe rental is available first come first serve for $5 per use)
- Black gloves (one pair provided free of charge at uniform fitting, replacements are available for $10 pair)
- Uniform pants, jacket, hat and plume (provided for use free)
- Navy band shirt or show shirt as instructed by director (provided free of charge)
Additionally, student must meet the following guidelines:
- Students must wear their band/show shirt under their jacket specified by the band director.
- Students may wear warm wear or other under-clothing under their uniform, but not pants, shorts or other outer clothing.
- All hair must be pinned up and tucked under the hat, off of the forehead and neck. This guideline applies to both boys and girls.
- Students may not wear make-up or jewelry.
- Uniforms will be laundered at regular intervals at no charge to the student. However, stains on the uniform caused by carelessness (such as food or grass stains) will be removed by the Band Parent Association, and a cleaning fee will be assessed to the student.
- Students are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner when in uniform.
Concert Season Uniform Requirements
Boys will be expected to wear the following items while performing during concert season:
- Black socks (provided by student)
- Black dress shoes or our black marching shoes (provided by student)
- Black pants and jacket checked out at uniform fitting (provided for use free)
- Black bow tie (provided for use free)
Girls will be expected to wear the following items while performing during concert season:
- Black heels or flats – no tennis shoes (provided by student)
- Black dress checked out at fitting (provided for use free)
For both Marching and Concert season, students who do not follow the uniform requirements will have 3 points deducted from their grade. In extreme circumstances, students will be prohibited from performing and have 12 points deducted from their grade.
Band uniforms are maintained and cleaned by MSHS band parents. Please consider participating with uniform cleaning. Clean uniforms that help provide; a positive experience to our students, a positive image to the community and help extend the useful life to the uniforms.
Contact us to participate in cleaning uniforms –
MARCHING BAND UNIFORM CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS
Thank you for your help in washing the marching uniforms. Please follow the below instructions to help ensure a smooth transition back to students for their next performance.
- Take the uniforms out of the bags to wash. Please check the individual part numbers against what is on the card in pocket. If you noticed any wrong numbers please write on a separate piece of paper and insert in pocket. Please DO NOT change any numbers on any of the cards.
- Separate the Jackets, Bibs and Gauntlets (wrist covers). Remove the Baldric (the sequined strip snapped on the jacket), do not wash the Baldric.
- IMPORTANT: Please leave socks gloves or other personal items in the garment bag. Do NOT remove unless you note which bag it came from so it can be returned to same bag. Some students keep extra gloves and we don’t want them getting charged for replacements.
- Spot treat stains with Shout or other mild pre-wash spot treatment.
- Wash the uniform parts using mild Unscented/Dye Free detergent (i.e. Woolite) on the Gentle Cycle.
- Wash no more than 5 Bibs and 5 Gauntlets together. Turn the Jackets inside out prior to washing, washing no more than 5 together.
- Dry the parts for 20 minutes on a Low/Warm setting, hang to finish drying. When the jackets are dry match them up with the right baldrics and snap them back on.
- Reassemble the uniforms back into the garment bags complete with all the parts that came in the bag.
- Please have the hangers opening to the right – HOOK TO THE LOGO (kids are familiar with this term. The opening of the hanger hook should be facing the MS logo on the bag).