Join the fun!
Did you know: every major band event or performance requires parents (you and me) to help the band logistically and financially. With this in mind the Mona Shores Band Parent Association exists to do just that. As a band parent your help is needed to keep this strong program running well.
You can discover this service to be uniquely rewarding & add a dimension to your relationship with your child as you both share the band experience together. Remember M.S.H.S. Band students tend to be “the creme of the crop”! They are fun and typically easy to work with.
Listed are some of areas-of-service with-in the MSBPA organization:
- Scrip Table (Wednesday evenings at the High School) min. 6 parents each Wednesday evening
- Concessions (food for trip away events + concession stand) min. 24 parents
- Pit Crew (typically Dad’s driving those little blue tractors at home football games) min. 3 Dads + 3 ladder holders
- Trip Chaperones min. 12 parents
- Parade Parents (squirt water to cool the band while marching in the hot sun) min. 12 parents
- Book Keeping both for MSBPA & Student Accounts (two positions) 2 parents
- Pop-Can-Drive help (both drivers & event help) min. 12 parents
- Secretary & News Letters 2 parents
- Uniforms (both cleaning uniforms & event help) min. 2 parents
- Website/Social Media 1 parent
- Logistics (Band Truck & Semi-Trailer) 1 parent
- Coordinators for events like March-A-Thon, American Salute, Welcome Home Dinner & other events
Some of these positions require little effort or time. All area’s of service are volunteer. All board positions will need replacements within a year or two. The Band Parents are a group of friendly, fun & caring parents…
Contact the MSBPA and join the Mona Shores Band Family, you’ll be glad you did.
Click Here to download a copy of the ICHAT Form
Page last updated: 6/6/2017